Museum of Connecticut Glass


Connecticut Glassworks

Fund Raising


Upcoming Events

Contact The Museum

Board and Officers

Museum History



The Westford Glass Works 1857-1873

WstfrdBll&Pipe0.JPG (103466 bytes)

WstfrdBll&Pipe2.JPG (121498 bytes)

A six-inch diameter amber witches ball blown at the Westford factory donated to the Museum from a descendent of E.A. Buck - Mrs. Susan Kast of Tempe, Arizona. The unusual collar which would be removed in the finished ball that was hung as a decoration or used as a vase cover is shown with an original Westford blow pipe on loan from Jim Ferrence of Ashford, Connecticut. He had recovered the pipe from the property several years ago where it was in use as a fence post.

Payments with scrip in varying denominations helped keep the company money "in-house" as the recipients spent the scrip in the "Company's Store." A number of 19th Century glass companies in the northeastern states from New Jersey through New Hampshire used scrip as a form of payment besides the regular wages.

Please come back soon for more updates.